You don’t need a mask and a cape to be a hero. You don’t even have to save the world. You just need to make a decision that you’re going to help one person experience an opportunity, enjoy a moment, or achieve a goal they otherwise might not. – Tim Leman
Today’s Always Forward Leadership Podcast features and interview with an incredible leader, Tim Leman.
Tim is the Chairman and CEO at Gibson, a risk, insurance, and employee benefits advisor in Indiana. Under Tim’s leadership, Gibson has seen incredible success. As a result of focusing on employee wellness and engagement, Gibson been selected as a Best Places to Work in Indiana, named to Principal’s 10 Best list for employee financial security, recognized as one of 20 Indiana Companies To Watch and named to the Inc. 5000 list.
Throughout this conversation, you’ll undoubtedly hear that Tim has a passion for leadership – and he shares insights he learned throughout his own personal leadership journey in a very open, honest and vulnerable way.
Some of the keys to his personal leadership that he shares include:
- Be resilient. Being a leader is not easy. It takes time. Hang in there, fight through.
- Be introspective. Open to feedback from peers, direct reports, advisors.
- Be adaptive. Everything changes so fast, be willing to adapt.
- Be inclusive. Get input, allow people to participate in the process.
- Be clear. Clarity around everything you’re doing is key.
For more of Tim’s leadership, I encourage you to connect with Tim through his blog using #WhatsTheRisk and pick up a copy of his book, rEvolution – Turn Crisis Into Clarity and Ignite Growth.
Question: What did you learn in the conversation with Tim today that you hope to apply to your own leadership practices?