Hiring people is an art, not a science, and resumes can’t tell you whether someone will fit into a company’s culture. —Howard Schultz
On Today’s Episode:
- The importance of hiring for fit for both organization and candidate.
- Does the potential candidate add different insight to your team?
- When considering a new opportunity for yourself, does the company’s culture fit you?
- Use sites like GlassDoor and Quora to find out about a company’s culture.
- Create your own career path and destiny.
The importance of hiring for fit for organizations is obvious, but if you are looking for a new opportunity for yourself, it’s just as crucial to consider your own fit into the potential employer’s culture. After all, you’ll be spending half your waking hours there. Remember, with today’s low unemployment, now is the time to get the job of your dreams.
Question: When considering a company’s culture, what is the most important thing to you?