Exceptional leaders create a culture that engages hearts and minds, energizes action and executes with discipline. When that happens, the numbers and wins follow. —Urban Meyer
On Today’s Episode:
- A keynote from Brad Saar, president at Stryker Medical
- Insight into Stryker’s culture
- What Brad sees as the most important items for the future of team and culture
- The advantage of knowing your team’s Gallup strengths
- The importance of caring for and engaging talent
- How regular evaluations fuel engagement
I talk a lot about the future of team and culture for good reason. Data projections show that in the next 10 years the Southwest Michigan region will have a talent shortage of 35,000 people. The most important part of making sure Southwest Michigan becomes the magnetic region it deserves to be is by making sure that our local community has companies with amazing cultures and engagement strategies. Brad has made tremendous strides in creating such a culture at Stryker Medical. I hope you enjoy the wisdom he shares in today’s podcast.
Question: Have you had your team’s engagement evaluated? If so, how has it changed your culture strategy? If not, why not?