To succeed in life in today’s world, you must have the will and tenacity to finish the job. —Chin-Ning Chu
On Today’s Episode:
- I talk with Carla about finishing strong
- The importance of seeing things through until the end
- Keep an attitude of celebration
- How to plan for transition
- Finishing strong when changing jobs
One of the most important parts of finishing strong is setting your successor up for success. Especially if you are transitioning within your organization, make sure you plan and hand off your baton properly. Don’t fall into the trap of dropping the proverbial box of previous responsibilities and thinking “that’s no longer my problem.” Instead, make sure your replacement is running at the same speed as you before you exit your role.
Question: How have you ensured that your successor is prepared for your transition when you left previous roles? Do you have any additional tips?