Make a conscious decision to put people in opportunities that are beyond their comfort zone. —Ron Kitchens
On Today’s Episode:
- Carla and I talk about “inboarding” (a method to help employees improve their knowledge and skills to grow within the organization)
- The 90-day turnover problem
- Providing safe space for your people to jump into new opportunities
- The rule of the tall poppy
- Don’t wait to develop your team
In today’s time of full employment, it can be brutal trying to find talent. That is why I am so adamant about encouraging my team to find their own lane at Southwest Michigan First. I want people to have the job of their dreams, and sometimes that means switching roles within our organization. The beauty of inboarding is that when someone steps into a new role, you will already know that they are a cultural fit.
Question: If someone in your organization leaves, who would you delegate those responsibilities to? Has that person had opportunities to develop the necessary skills? What are you waiting for?