I get a choice every time I have to open my mouth: that it can be with civility and dignity and grace—or not. —Dana Perino
On Today’s Episode:
Midterm elections are tomorrow, so today’s topic of civility is perfectly timed. You’ll be hearing from Carla Sones and Sarah Mansberger, Southwest Michigan First’s in-house expert on leadership. Together, they share a wealth of knowledge about how to debate in a civil manner. Listen for insight on:
- What a civil conversation is
- Techniques to keep things civil:
- Respecting the opinion of others
- Finding common ground
- Listening to understand, not to reply
- What the downstream effects could be
- Listening to the silence
Most importantly, go vote tomorrow! Michigan listeners, you can use this website to see what will be on your ballot.
Question: How can you ensure civility is promoted in your organization?